Thursday, September 25, 2008

Preoccupied

It's been a long time. This year has flown by so far. I don't imagine it slowing down any time soon. Where do I begin? I visited Rob in the spring. I drug him to Philadelphia to see some of the great historical places there. I got to meet grown up Gooby! I got a chance to relax, it was my calm before the storm.

When I got home it was train, train, train for Ragbrai! Training combined with Jesse's graduation party and his celebration for achieving the rank of Eagle Scout. Party preparations, ride, announcements, ride, commencement, ride; that was in one night. OK so I am exaggerating, but it seemed crazy at the time. Jesse's party turned out awesome and I rode 6 1/2 days of the 7 days of Ragbrai. The half day we rode all morning in the cold rain by the half way town I just wanted to curl up in a ball somewhere and suck my thumb.

After Ragbrai, I worked at my previous employer for a week. During this time it was confirmed my employer was closing shop. *stress* So I went to Colorado for 8 days. OK, so the Colorado trip was planned for over a year but it sounded good when it seemed more spontaneous. Todd's scout troop, I think 10 adults, and our children invaded Ellen and Johns house for almost a week. We originally planned on invading their back yard with just a few of us leaking into their house, but after we ended their drought by taking our Iowa monsoons with us we ALL invaded their home and left the tents to blow away into their neighbors horse pasture or any other random place they ended up. That was way more entertaining then it must sound here. We went to the Denver Zoo, Wolf and Wildlife Sanctuary, Drove to Pikes Peak, Air force Academy, Cave of the Winds, Garden of the Gods. Some of us went hiking on our last full day there. I almost put my foot on a rattlesnake to tie my shoe. I don't know who was more scared, me or the poor snake that almost had my stinky foot on it, but that rattle sound they make seems MUCH more ominous IRL then when you hear it on TV. It was a great week.

Todd's Grandma passed away. 2 family friends passed away. We lost our little Pomeranian. All hold a special place in my heart. ~RIP~

When I got home I had to hit the ground running. Find a rental space where pet grooming was allowed. Utilities, licenses, Realtors, postcards to notify people where I went (over 800), get program running, office equipment/supplies, tub, washer/dryer, water heater, the list goes infinitely on. We arrived back from Colorado on August 10 and Kim's Animal House was operational by August 19.

It will take some time to fill in the blanks and elaborate on some of these things, but I hope to frequent here more often.

No comments: