Friday, November 17, 2006

Goodbye Dr. Waste

I learned tonight my dentist died yesterday. She was in a car accident, she crossed the center line and hit a Semi head on. The doctor's 11 yr old daughter was with her, she was treated and released. My thoughts and prayers go out to her husband, 3 children, other family members, and co-workers. The place she worked is a very warm, friendly, close knit family, I've always felt very welcome there. My last appointment with her was this past Monday. I don't presume to know Dr. Waste in any other manner than professional. I really never held a complete conversation with her. She was always working very hard and I always had fingers in my mouth, but from my perspective, she was a very wonderful woman. Horrible things like this make me wonder why good, honest, hard working people could possibly die so young and have so much intelligence and integrity left to share, all lost. When some really stupid, leacherous, greedy, monsters that offer nothing to anyone, and exist just to hurt and annoy good people, get to continue on. My mind just cant wrap around the concept of how this type of thing could possibly be "meant to be" or that there is a reason for such a horrible turn. My only act of respect I can offer to her, in her memory, and to sate my ire in one's words that spoke to me regarding this doctor's death. If your first contact with her was on a professional level, if you weren't her daughter, mother, cousin, or friend...her name was Doctor to you! She worked very hard to earn her title, use it with the respect she deserves. I will miss you Dr. Waste.

No comments: