Thursday, November 16, 2006

Some people emit beauty

Other than my family, my animals, my best friend, and a few other people in this world, I see a lot of ugliness. Mean people doing nasty things to fulfill some kind of self worth issue they have. My general philosophy is "I hate people". Today I saw some people I like! I groom animals for a living. It's not a very clean or risk free work environment, but even on the worst days I can walk away knowing what I did helped an animal, that is usually a rewarding feeling. Many days I wish I could just do my work and not have to deal with people. Today I saw some truly wonderful people. I groomed a dog named Cocoa. She is a sweet little Yorkshire Terrier. Her "Mom" brought her to me in a plastic carrier. She was really afraid, so I was comforting her, leaning into her "safe place". I noticed a picture taped to the inside wall of her crate. It was a picture of Cocoa and a little girl. How awesome is that?! That little girl wanted Cocoa to know she was there with her! SO Beautiful! After work I went to the mall. I had to get one of my favorite things, a soft pretzel with cheddar cheese, yum! As I sat in the eating area, I was watching people. (big time Voyeur, I am) There was a elderly man sitting alone, uncomfortable. His walker sat behind him with his coat draped over the center bar. He seemed to be looking at nothing in particular and waiting for whatever. A man approached him, introduced himself, and started a conversation about his wife shopping as usual... could he join him. I loved his olive green parka with the fake fur around the edge of the hood, and the bright orange liner, and I loved the big smile on the older man's face as he accepted the "parka man's" company. What a beautiful thing to do! As I turned my attention elsewhere, there were two elderly ladies walking hand in hand toward the out door, they stopped as one helped the other place her sheer scarf over her head to protect her from the wind and cold outside. Any bad that may have happened today was swallowed up in the joy these people gave me without ever saying a word to me. Top that with time spent with my best friend and family, today was a fabulous day!

No comments: